View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 00:51   Link #11055
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
@TTR

Yes a rock can't become dead, for it is always and will forever remain dead. The word "Dead" can mean 2 things. (That would relate at all to umineko)
  1. A living thing that has died
  2. Never having been alive and having none of the characteristics of a living thing

I thought the second meaning was rather interesting.

@ameskitty

But then we get the lovely 'Trap X' nonsense back again, and there was nothing found that seemed to look like a trap. Even if the Ushiromiya people are brain dead, I'm sure they would notice something if it was out of place.

Ok, allow me to explain how Kanon can be imagenairy and dead, and thus is my reason for thinking this way.

When I was little I played with imaginary friends, I was a very shy kid so I was afraid of talking to other kids so I could just play with my 3 imaginary friends. (Until I turned about 6 or 7 I think it was) Anyway; my friends were alive to me. But they were dead to everyone else. But to me they were real, they did things like normal people, they went on trips, had jobs, got hurt even. One of them I even 'killed.' I remember it really well, because it wasn't long before I stopped playing with them entierly. I was crying and screaming that Ixy got hurt. I made a whole big deal out of it, and even had my family come with me while Ixy got operated on. (Yeah I was sort of a strange kid XD) Now to my family Ixy didn't exist, Ixy never really was alive, so therefore to them she was 'dead.' But when I decided and chose that Ixy died while getting operated on. She became dead even to me. Until that moment, she was alive to me, but when I decided that; she became 'dead'. In my mind she had died a horrible death, but to everyone else she 'died' because I got bored with her and was growing up. Until that moment when I called her dead, she could appear where ever she wanted, because I could make her be anywhere, at any time. But when I; her creator denied her existance, she would become 'dead' everywhere.

(After spilling all that I kind of feel like I was a nutcase as a little kid XD)
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote