View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 23:17   Link #26821
Jaden

Quote:
I don't understand why Yasu wouldn't just KEEP it as a pretend murder mystery rather than actually killing the people.
I'll talk about R-Prime now. S/he doesn't need to actually kill people for things to work out, but in the end Yasu is responsible for the tragedy. Beatrice takes responsibility for it and is shown as regretful in EP8. Somebody needs to turn on the bomb, even if another person did it, Yasu should have been able to keep it from happening easily. Even if it the detonator somehow went off because of a lightning bolt, an earthquake, a cat, or whatever, Yasu is still responsible because a sane person would have had the damn thing disarmed upon learning of it and inheriting the headship, so s/he must have been intending to blow up the island and kill people to begin with.

Whether Yasu would actually do all that gory stuff like in Our Confessions is questionable. But it is shown s/he is at least pretty crazy, proficient with guns and intends to kill people, so s/he might as well do it. Many people feel the motives are flimsy, I somewhat agree. RK07 says it's because we don't know love, I'll just believe him. XD

Whether other people committed murders or not doesn't absolve Yasu of guilt. Many things are pointing towards an additional culprit though, such as the existence of the two survivors and Ange's reaction to seeing the truth. I can't quite tell the truth though...

Quote:
So maybe we ascribe too much to the entity of "Yasu" sometimes.

Maybe we can think of any actions her body takes as being subdivided into Shannon, Kanon or Beato only and she never takes an action as "Yasu"?
Agreed, but it's a good catch-all term for the character.