View Single Post
Old 2007-01-26, 21:42   Link #66
aceofhertz

I Agree

I honestly don't believe that Naruto overuses Kage Bunshin. It really just seems that way because of the fillers. In the actual Manga, he doesn't seem to use it more than any other character relies on their hidden traits. Saying Naruto overuses Kage Bunshin is like saying Shikamaru overuses Shadow Bind, or that Sasuke overuses the Sharingan. Kage Bunshin was Naruto's first real technique, and of course he's going to rely on it more because of that.

Think about Naruto's Jutsu's

Naruto-Rendan - Uses Kage Bunshin to execute.

Rasengan - Uses Kage Bunshin to execute.

Wind Rasengan - Uses 2 x Kage Bunshin to execute.

Summoning - No Kage Bunshin required.

I'm not saying Naruto has a lack of jutsus, but compare that with Shikamaru

Shadow Bind

Shadow Neck Bind

Shadow Sewing

and now that Shadow Kunai thing.

I think the only Genin that has a wide array of moves would be Sasuke, because he has 3 or 4 fire element attacks, plus the sharingan, plus chidori, plus the full-body chidori, etc.

I just think we expect more out of Naruto because he's the main protagonist, but at the same time, he's always been a late bloomer. No one expected him to beat Kiba, or Neji. Now that he knows how to properly use Kage Bunshin and is working on mastering his Wind Manipulation, I think we'll seem him jump light years ahead in execution.

But saying Naruto spams the Kage Bunshin is like saying Goku spams the Kame-ha-meha wave.
aceofhertz is offline   Reply With Quote