View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 06:40   Link #257
SABER60069

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
The way I see it the starting fields are going to be constantly depleted of monsters for probably the entire time listed so far (the whole month), probably longer. You have to realize that in a life and death type situation you'd want to be as safe as possible. It wouldn't be unrealistic to assume that anyone who actually plans on trying to get off the first floor would want to be generously higher level than the mob spawns.

If Kirito were to wait for people to clear out before going at it, he'd probably have to wait for the first floor to be cleared or enough people die on the first floor (at which point I would imagine that clearing the game would be impossible). With that long of a wait, I doubt he'd ever be on the forefront of the battle given he'd probably always be playing catchup to those that did what he's doing now, and that wouldn't make for a very good anime.

Also to the other person's point that we haven't seen any PKing yet, I think it would be unrealistic to see any PKing at this point. Think about it, you've just been told if someone dies they're dead IRL. Given that only a few weeks (a month) have passed, rampant PKing is unlikely because there's still an off chance that everyone could be rescued somehow. If you were rescued and they can look at the server logs and see your character was slaughtering people left and right literally right after you were locked in the game, you'd probably be having a lynch mob on you.

PKing would be more apt to occur when the eventuality that outside rescue is impossible sinks in and people start to break down from the stress of the game under the notion that clearing the game is impossible. At that point the belief is that it would be impossible to exit the game, therefore why bother with worrying about repercussions in the real world.

The other side of it is as has been pointed out, if you're going to PK with your life on the line, you'll want to be good enough not to be killed by your target (unless you're just suicidal). As PKing rises, there's the possibility that some sort of anti-PK (PKKs maybe?) police force forms so the same mentality of people working to clear the game would pop up. You need to be better in a one on many situation that the group attacking you.
I'm not saying he should wait until it's cleared out I'm thinking that was a very bold decision that Kirito considering how MMOs work the next village probably has stronger mobs but they still can be handled at level 1 in my experience but that is not something I want to do right after I heard that announcement

Since Kirito said resources are limited I took his word literally for it and believe it means mobs don't respawn and that it was the reason why he rushed out immediately

If mobs do still respawn that doesn't change Kirito's fast thinking and great decision making skills and the courage to act on it but I feel it makes him a bit more reckless
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote