Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-28, 22:56   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In general, MrProphet is right. If we like the show, it doesn't matter if anyone else does. But there is one thing: the more people who watch a show, the more shows like it will be made, and the more work by the members of the cast and staff we will see.

I did check out 2channel to see how much attention it is getting there, among the otaku, and it's faring better: it's toward the top of the mid-ranking shows. By number of threads (i.e., thousands of posts):

Suzumiya Haruhi 94
Higurashi 28
Utawarerumono 13
Inukami 10
MagiPoka 10
Ouran Host Club 10
School Rumble2 10
.hack//Roots 9
Simoun 9
Aria – The Natural 7
Gintama 7
Strawberry Panic 7
Witchblade 7
Zegapain 7
Black Lagoon 6
Air gear 5
Miracle Seiyuu 3
Nana 3
Xxxholic 3
Good Witch of the West 2
Saiunkoku 2
Yume Tsukai 2

The most interesting thing to me here is how low Nana is among the otaku, compared to how big the overall audience is for it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote