View Single Post
Old 2006-05-16, 02:16   Link #42
Cal-Reflector

A pretty exciting and lively episode all around.

Kyon's seiyuu puts on a fine performance: the subtle tone shifts in his internal monologue, particularly when addressing Mikuru in love-love mode, is a delight to hear.

Strangely enough, what I found to be the funniest (or rather, it just stood out most in my memory) was the little noise and look of alarm that Mikuru makes when Haruhi announces after some calculation, "... and then after we'll just go back to the front gate to distribute flyers again and we'll be all set!" *Chuckle* The poor girl is surely, as Kyon aptly put it, emotionally traumatized.

Izumi +10 Points for putting on a cool show, Yuki gets +7.5 for a foreshadowing commentary from Kyon at the end of the episode. Speaking of Yuki, might someone explain the precise nuance of Kyon's revelation about Yuki being the behind-the-scene instigator of this whole event?

I don't understand why the original author/producers, at the very outset, has made Kyon so obviously inclined towards Mikuru; without fail, there's some Mikuru-Kyon going on in every episode.