Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 15:12   Link #2982
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

OK, I'm now completely relieved after my nerves about last week. Sufficient background has been provided, the "guy standing in space" thing stopped being ridiculous and started being a hoot (loved how they streamed the noise of explosions to time with their weapons fire. ).

...I'm intrigued about how all these worlds supposedly belong to the Galactic Empire and yet they have really no clue about how their overlords function. I'd have thought that in the high-tech future information exchange would be much more ubiquitous than that (On the other hand, it makes Misa's "As You Know" lecture about the history of the Sea of the Morningstar rebellion make more sense, 'cause...apparently people genuinely don't know...).

The "legendary master chef" kind of made me facepalm a few times (thank God the first explanation we got of him was mostly just Gruier being silly).

I'm weirdly depressed that there were no deaths in the hunter attack at all, though. That was softpedaling things too much.

(Chiaki...you're a pirate, for Heaven's sake...you should not be all class-conscious and upset at a princess serving tea!)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote