View Single Post
Old 2009-02-07, 17:27   Link #169
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I have this tremendous fear that Ryuuji is going down the same character development path that happened Ayase Yuuto in the "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu" series. A male character who starts out as a likeable caretaker --------> has an incredibly amazing moment in the middle...yet fades into the shy male character cliche that we've seen far too often.

It's just becoming increasingly big with this new arc of him during Christmas Time. It just feels like he's been too irritated and quiet during this whole time despite all of the positives going around him. Taiga is being very open and kind to him and it just feels like he doesn't care. It's becoming more like all of the girls are having this fantastic development that all encircles around him. And he can't really make a strong response to it.

It just feels like the girls are all overshadowing his character. We don't even know how he feels towards Christmas. He didn't really say much when Taiga discussed her history and why she chooses to believe in a being like Santa Claus. Because everyone wants to be watched over. It's kind of confusing how he wasn't thinking to himself about this major change because even the small activities from Minori, Ami and Taiga cause him to think.

Ami was completely right though when she said to him how he always plays the father in this "house" scenario. Think to Episode 17 and Taiga is absolutely astonished by Christmas. And his concern is: "There's probably going to be a sale at the supermarket..."

What just concerns me with Ryuuji is that he isn't being given enough development during this arc. The only things we really know is that he really wants Minori to come to the dance and that he feels a bit unsettled by Kitamura and Taiga. (Who didn't hang out much this episode) I guess you could say that while his relationship with Taiga has slowly evolved, you have to wonder why he has stayed the same. Probably even more housekeeper-like than normal.