View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 19:07   Link #8
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

The first half indeed is on the comic side of things and there's no romance.So yes overall the romance side isn't present throughout the show.
But the second half of the show is a whole lot more dramatic and the guy and girl get closer,by episode 19 his feelings for her are what motivates his actions throughout the rest of the show.The relationship between the two is central to the plot at the end.

I feel it's closer to what you're looking for than HSI or Ano Hana are.

The romance in HSI didn't really go anywhere,it also doesn't really have the type of characters you're looking for.There's some drama but it's mainly lighthearted.

Ano hana is similar to cross game in that you've got a a character setting out to accomplish the wish of his dead childhood love.
However this show is all about one way love relationships,everyone's in love with someone they can't have so it doesn't have the sort of relationship you said you were looking for.
Okay, I'll start tomorrow on Steins;Gate. I'm hoping it's worth it since finding anime like Cross Game (the romance aspect which doesn't take over the plot) is very difficult.

Quote:
About Touch

I can 100% guarantee you that it does.
I'm on episode 13, and it still seems very light in drama (no drama what so ever) and it's more comical. I'm guessing since it's a 100 episodes, that the drama will be stretched out somewhere in the middle-end? Cross Game had the drama always intact with the story, but it is shorter than Touch, which I'm guessing means that the drama is spread out also?

Quote:
Yes she's indeed more of the type to be embarrassed but that's also due to how the male lead likes to put her in embarrassing situations,speaking of him,sorry I didn't express myself quite well about the guy,he's more open up front but you always get the impression that while he seems quite open you never know what he's really thinking,that's why I thought you'd like him.

But she's more similar to Zakuro I'd say,if you're afraid that otome youkai zakuro being short means it's rushed and/or doesn't have a satisfactory ending don't be,in fact the last 5 minutes of the show are my favorite part of it.
Well regardless, that anime is definitely on my list. I just tend to post pone anime with a main tsundere lead because I find that certain types of tsundere characters are really rare.

And when I say short, I mean short as in length. For some reason, when I watch an anime, I tend to have a feeling of rushing through it. I pace myself to 2 episodes a day (some days I miss out on). So if it's 12 episodes, that would be finished in a week. Every time I finish an anime, I feel that lasting appeal which usually puts me in a sad state. I feel like I finished it and that's that. It happened with almost all the anime I watched and which I got attached to (except Romeo X Juliet for some reason). So a 12 episode anime (which I tried before) which had a complete story put me into the worst state after finishing it in 2 weeks (I tried my hardest to pace myself at the time). So I basically stay away from those types of anime since I hate the feeling which lasts a couple of days to a week.