View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 13:20   Link #1681
Darthtabby

Am I one of the few people who actually liked Alto pretty much right off the bat?

My general impression of the main characters was that they fit certain archtypes, but also had some depth to them. At least that's what I seem to remember. I do have to admit my views on the characters have changed quite a bit after a few rewatches though, particularly with regards to Sheryl and Ranka.

It's probably worth noting that I watched the preview version of episode one which had the extended character intros like the later Yakh Deculture edition.

And yeah, I really like Alto. It's kind of hard for me to come up with much of a list of favorite male anime characters but he's definitely on there. I feel he actually does have a decent amount of depth to him. I also don't feel that the TV series ending really has to be seen as an undoing of all his character development, although I do have to admit it's inconclusiveness weakens the overall effect a lot. One reason I think an alternate finale for the TV series might be nice.