Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 23:50   Link #978
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

For those of you new to the series, was anyone else surprised when Killua made his first appearance since the end of the Hunter Exam? I remember not expecting him to have been treated in such a cruel way. He's being flogged in his family's personal torture chamber...his life must have been terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuki-chan View Post
Those things explain a lot better why Gon cares so much about him than some flashback later will, as it'll just be akin to a retcon in impact at that point (as in "Oh yeah, here's this new guy that happened to have been important to me (Gon) all along, and we did these things earlier, see!"). I think he got a big part in the first chapter (reread Kaito's nine pages in there if you've forgotten anything and want to know what I mean, I guess) on purpose, after all. YMMV, of course.
But the thing is--Kite is just some character added in a flashback at first. After his first appearance in the manga, he's barely ever mentioned again. Maybe in a maximum of six lines of dialogue throughout the entire series. After a brief image in chapter six, readers don't see Kite again for almost 200 chapters later. Togashi took eight years to reintroduce him into the story; he's not essential to show in the narrative yet. But of course, I think that Madhouse has already shown that they fully intend to include him in their adaptation.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote