View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 16:37   Link #1002
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
That indicates they are used to the idea of violence, and the episode demonstrates it.
Which is, in itself, a huge advantage over those who aren't, all other things being equal.

Quote:
However, it does not indicate how well they can perform violence without using their dominator.
It doesn't matter. I'm not comparing them to Special Forces soldiers. I'm comparing them to random people who've never been in so much as a schoolyard fight. In fact, I'm comparing them to a traumatized woman.

Besides, think about it. They're the people sent after desperate psychos. They're the ones who've survived it, day after day for who knows how long. Sure, this time the bad guy was never much of a threat to them. They always got the drop on him. But they've got to worry about the times where that won't be the case.

So, to reiterate, it's natural to assume they're a lot more familiar with fighting than someone who's never been in a fight.

Quote:
The system is designed to read intent, so of course it would discourage the police from using their own judgment.
And that's where I think we've got a problem.

But again, my point was that the pro-PP neglect the points when it's convenient (or they'd shoot enforcers on sight), but hide behind them when it's time to shoot an innocent, traumatized rape victim.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote