View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 13:32   Link #2898
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Depends. Is the Californian law based on the kids not going to school?
They're not in school if they are working on a movie set. The studios must pay for tutors with whom the kids meet each day. This has been true in Hollywood for many years. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that pressure from the Screen Actors Guild played a role in getting such a law passed. Most kids who appear in movies do not continue as professional actors, so making sure they have an education and skills beyond acting is important. One such example is Academy Award nominee Justin Henry who eventually attended Skidmore and now is a business executive.

I'd bet the AKB48 girls don't belong to any unions or engage in collective bargaining. Am I wrong?
Quote:
You're using an anime about an "illegal" organization to see how it is in Japan? Absurd.
You know, if you could get past your obvious dislike for me, you'd notice that I said it was an anime. I was simply asking whether the absence of any indication that the girls in that show receive any education beyond singing and dancing was indicative of the actual state of Japanese labor law as it covers young kids in the performing arts.

I'm done responding to you now, Sumeragi.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote