View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 03:06   Link #53
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
side note: it really is strange how the chief allowed Div1 & Div 2 to see that she can override the dominator. Unbelievably stupid or elitist "can't touch me" arrogant, and that's right after a scene where Ginoza was saying there's no one who can override Sibyl's judgement...
It does seem a bit ridiculous of a thing to do considering that they could have just zapped Kougami then confined him.

But I'm wondering if what the director said about "them" having gotten used to peace for too long is something really particular with the Sybil collective. The helmet riots, lack of security around Sybil itself, the absolutely botched transfer of prisoner Makishima, and their general flum gandery when it comes to dealing with Kougami?

The only logical explanation so far is that the Sybil system utterly sucks at actual internal security, and is too secretive/pompous to do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
For a serious episode, I couldn't stop laughing through out the episode.
The faces were just so bad I had to go back every few minutes and purposely concentrate on the subs alone and force myself to avoid the faces.
If we had a ridiculous image thread, 99% of the images would contain this episode alone.
I guess even a dark show like this needs some light hearted comedy every now and then, too!

Heck, maybe they wanted to give Shinsekai Yori episode 5 a run for its money .
I'm gonna be optimistic and assume for now that this is because they're heavily devoting energies to the final episodes which will be crazy animation quality =P