View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 02:09   Link #12431
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Two words; Nuclear Fallout.

Firstly, it would be too impractical to employ a large number of them without drawing attention.

According to Accelerator, the ten that they have in Academy won't stand a chance against even Hound Dog. When sent against Ollerus they got defeated (can't be helped, but since people point out Mikoto's weaker status against the strongest of magicians, it's only fair to use this example on the clones). On the Remnant arc, the only useful thing they did was to get Touma's help, when Last Order was being pursued they were no where in sight.

There is nothing to suggest they have extensive combat skills beyond fighting Accelerator.... Even then they didn't do a good job.

Erm, I'm very certain a global nuclear winter would cause an even bigger deal than that current grand scheme.

With a great disaster in the world, Fiamma's Holy Right powers would be invincible again.

It's been bugging me for some time, don't you find it funny to judge the characters according to the only Aleister's plan? Like it's the only thing that matters? Therefore Hamazura is a completely worthless character right? Bardway serve no purpose right? Kanzaki is pointless right?
Where in the novels does Accelerator mention that? Kindly point me to it <.<

And second, they won't stand a chance against Hound Dog as an organisation simply because they have the higher ups backing = Capacity down, numbers, Anti-Esper equipment.

And you can't use Ollerus as an example. He defeated someone who is practically invulnerable in Academy City and has enough raw power to be considered the third strongest in Academy City discounting their ranking in terms of uses. Yes, Mikoto is only mid-tier power but she's far from being practical.

When Last Order was captured, she was unconscious for half the time. The other half, she found their saviour. They can't mobilize while being blind to their enemy's tactics or even strength in numbers but they do recognize Touma's strength. That's probably why they stayed out. In the remnant arc, the only sister shown was 10032 and she was smart enough not to chase Awaki when even Mikoto had trouble landing a hit on her. Instead, she went to the first person she knew could counter Awaki's power = Kamijou Touma.

Additionally, the sisters were close to unstoppable when they were sent to retrieve the Gemstones.

Yes, impractical to use in large numbers. What if it wasn't? We're talking about their their hypothetical strength and they can be effective when using those tactics. It didn't work on Accelerator because of his ability.

Try sniping Touma at a couple of hundred metres and he'll probably go down like a rock. Heck, try sniping at Mikoto and she'll probably go down if she doesn't react fast enough.

I don't judge characters by their usefulness or anything but to me it seems like you're handwaving their potential usefulness in combat, especially when they've demonstrated combat practicality and the ability to adapt which was honed while fighting an unstoppable juggernaut.