View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 13:32   Link #223
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I don't think so it's going to be explained. Just at this moment I can give you this: Apollo had an archaic wolf-form, Apollo Lycaeus, worshipped in Athens at the Lykeion, or Lyceum.
Frankly, I think this is a lot more thought than Kawamori & Co. would put into it. And anyway it doesn't answer my question: why can he transform and what triggers it, or does he do it randomly? Does he do it at will? Which one is his real form? Can anyone else do something like this? There wasn't anything like this in the first series (well, Rena sometimes saw Apollo as a canine but that was just Rena and her weirdo-vision, he wasn't really a werewolf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: I'm pretty handicapped still not having seen the original, and most of what I know is either from wikipedia or from reading what other people post. That said, the sketch of the theory is that (1) "Zen" is Touma, and in fact "Zen" is just a projection (a la Mykage); (2) his real body might be in that crystal cave from ep 1 (suspiciously similar to Mykage's ice-crystal resting place); (3) his motivation is (I guess) to oversee and protect Apollonius's legacy; and from (4) his being ok with Mikono's reaction (and specifically with giving her a pass on going into the ground...) can be interpreted in a way favorable to this interpretation. Why does he decide to act like Gen? Dunno.
I see where you're coming from but I can't see Touma of all people (Angels) doing that. ^^;; I mean, aside of what I said above, do you think Touma would ever allow any reincarnation of Celiane anywhere near hisss preciousss? Never mind nurturing and teaching her. Plus, if Touma had the Solar Wings at his disposal you bet Vega would be Shadow Angel Paradise by now.

But I guess anything is possible... I just don't think this idea is compatible with Touma's personality and his motivations.