Thread: K-On! - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-21, 17:09   Link #324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Is Mugi European? With her eyebrows Tsumugi looks some kind of European. not nearly as ridiculous as England's in Hetalia. lol She shows alot of interest in English and Azusa also complemented her because of her big lovely eyes and fair skin. She seems to eat Western Food because of her lack of experience with the Asian Cuisine and she seems to be the only character in the whole school to have Blonde hair and Blue eyes... I have come up with a conclusion that she is indeed ethnicity wise European. What do you guys think?
My *theory* (for which I've not found a shred of evidence) is that Mugi is half-Japanese, the offspring of a Japanese corporate shogun and his foreign wife. All the other characters have relatively realistic hair colors and designs -- only Mugi stands out with her blonde hair and blue eyes. This came up in my mind again when Azusa thinks about her in ep 16.

Until there's some explanation in the manga or anime.... there's not much else to say about it. Her trips to Finland *could* imply some Finnish family connections, but again nothing is solid.