View Single Post
Old 2011-03-27, 10:16   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Been reading through the pages of reactions here, and it seems I'm not alone in thinking this episode was poorly conceived. Lots of people have already voiced my criticisms much better than I could have, so I won't bother going through it all, but wow; Houki is not very nice.

Yes, Ichika was the moron for not finishing the mission (and not even giving a warning of what he was about to do; there was plenty of time, he flew right past her), but Houki's comment just wow'ed me. "Don't bother protecting those people, they're criminals!"

And what a horrible crime it was; illegal fishing! What a reprehensible woman.
Yeah, I wondered what was up with that. Three ideas:
- we didn't know, but she's a fierce ecologist, and she's worried about the extinction of several fish species.
- she resents criminals in general, because if they didn't exist, she wouldn't have had to go in protective custody and be separated from Ichika. Now, it's true it had nothing to do with illegal fishing, but a crime's a crime.
- she was displacing her anger at Ichika. I mean, she must have been crashing pretty hard. One moment, she's flying with him, they put their very lives in each other's hands... and the next, she realizes he doesn't care. At all. That she can die while he goes off to have fun and maybe collect another member for his harem (any girl on that fishing boat?). That, in his eyes, it is, in fact, her duty to cover for him while he goofs off.