View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 21:03   Link #63
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
I was thinking that might be the message that Gen was going for but another issue is the ending seems so vague. Was Akane right and the system will eventually fall? Or was the sybil system right with their laughter at the end, that Akane was still being naive? Whatever it is it changes the meaning behind the ending.

Normally I don't mind endings that are open to interpretation like that. But in this case I think it actually hurts the series because no clear message comes across at all.

That's why I compared it to 1984. 1984's message was really clear what the story was trying to say. But with this, the ending was too vague for me. To me the series says nothing at all, and well that is disappointing to me.

I have to say I also found Akane's character growth to ultimately disappointing. So she grows a little harder and will follow the sybil system but believe someone else will take it down, I don't know...it's just boring

Like I said only Gino's change seems significant to me. I like that he seems more free now as a latent criminal and the irony behind that.