View Single Post
Old 2007-11-06, 22:49   Link #1
Oppius
Banned

Most disappointing game(s)!

In this thread, 'disappointing' doesn't always mean worst or abysmal.It just doesn't meet your expectations.The most disappointing game I ever played is Soul Nomad and the World Eaters for PS2.Why? It sacrificed the best part of all previous Nippon-Icchi games,that is name-making part.It is fun to raise entire army of your own and makes you love every single soldiers you have raised,just like Phantom Brave or Disgaea series.Then Soul Nomad killed this part and makes it a Super Robot Wars-like gameplay and introduced a new squad system which consists maximum nine soldiers each.Having too many soldiers in single battle means you no longer recognize your soldiers by names anymore.Instead you just recognize every single of them by squads.I also hate that you need to have many soldiers in same class in the same squad,as example you need at least two archers who are lookalike to counter enemy archers.Without them your soldiers are easy target for enemies who had archers or other ranged-attack units.

I always love the name-making part because I can give unique names which the name generator didn't have like "Amulius the fighter" and "Pherusa the lady fighter" as examples in Phantom Brave and Disgaea series.But in Soul Nomad,I need to use the crappy name generator because I need to create many soldiers who had same classes in same squad like I need at least two priests to heal other units and two knights to perform defensive bonus.Of course you won't recognize them by names anymore.

I have nothing against its gameplay and storyline.The gameplay is good and nothing wrong about the story.So far Soul Nomad is an good game in overall.I just dislike having too many soldiers that have same classes in same squad.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote