View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 18:24   Link #408
babohtea

Mm, Ami was one of my favorite characters (but there are only like... 10ish notable characters anyhow so I guess it doesn't mean much). She was complex, witty, attractive, perceptive and at some points caring.

I think she has multiple personalities. She has the fake-cute personality, which tends to die down as the series goes on. She has her selfish/mean side, which also seems to die down as the series goes on. In the end its her third caring, perceptive and somewhat insecure personality that makes me like her. In fact, I think of this third personality as her "true" personality rather than her second personality.

I think a major factor was her being a model though. I'm a little upset about how much her being attractive affected me. I mean, I don't want to think that I'm shallow and I just like people because they're physically beautiful, but think about it: Would Ami be Ami if she wasn't a model? Most importantly, would her "third/true personality" change?

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a spin-off of Toradora! with Ami in it. Anything by the same author would be fine, but I've already become attached to these characters.

Last edited by babohtea; 2009-12-31 at 18:53.