View Single Post
Old 2010-09-19, 13:17   Link #4259
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I want to start removing soda from my diet. It's not a matter of the calories or sugar: I do not get enough calories in a given day, and soda is one of my only significant sources of sugar since I tend to be quite sweet-averse. However, I already drink a fair amount of water on average--60 ounces a day, more if I'm exercising or if it's hot--and I don't find water to be the ideal drink to go with food.

So, ultimately, I'm thinking of substituting in tea as my flavored beverage. I dislike coffee, I do not drink alcoholic beverages, and I also dislike particularly sweet drinks like fruit juices. However, I have tried pre-fab tea and it is not at all to my liking. Either it is so watered down as to taste like questionable tap water, or it is so artificially sweetened that I feel my teeth cry out to me.

I don't like things that are ultra-bitter either, but I'd rather something be bitter than sweet. So, can anyone who knows anything about tea give me some suggestions? I know nothing about the stuff, but I'm more than willing to learn so I can make some good brews. Ideally, I'd like one that's good for drinking hot and one that's good for drinking cold.
Fruit tea or Chrysanthemum tea. The previous one is easy, just add fruit juice to black tea. Here is the formula for the latter :

1 cup of black tea leaves
5 Chrysanthemum flowers w/o the stem
700ml of water

Cooking : just boil everything together in a small saucepan. Add honey for health variation. DO NOT ADD MILK.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote