Thread: Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-10, 06:08   Link #198
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I read an article of the best tablets available. The third generation iPad ranked number one. The Google Nexus ranked number two, but I really don't think I want that. Maximum of 16 GB, I don't know if I can wireless stream video from a PC to it, and the app store isn't as good with android. If I want something like that, I might get the rumored 'iPad mini' which will launch to compete with the Amazon Fire and Google Nexus. I gotta see how big the screen is on them.

Ranked number three in this article was the Asus Transformer Prime, and it costs the same as a 16 GB iPad. However, I read reviews and there were some negative reviews. People saying that tech support from Asus is poor and one guy said his unit bricked after a certain update and Asus support wasn't really helping him so he got a refund at Best Buy.

The Apple tablets are just the best, currently. The OS works the best and smoothest with iPads, the tech support should be good with Apple, the app store is the best with Apple, the quality is just top notch in every regard with Apple tablets. I'm currently thinking of getting an Apple tablet because if I'm going to invest in a tablet, I might as well get something that'll be good quality. I could spend $600 on an iPad and things will be great with it, or I could spend $400 on a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab (ranked 4th in the article) or $500 on an Asus Transformer Prime and deal with an OS that isn't as good, have access to an app store that isn't as good, and in the advent of technical issues, deal with tech support that isn't good. Right now, with tablets, you get what you pay for.
The article you read is out of date if it doesn't bring up either the Asus Transformer Infinity or the Asus Transformer T300. If fact, the Galaxy tab is pretty far behind right now given its hardware and I would not recommend it. Lastly, the Prime is all but phased out at this point, having its place taken by the Infinity.

I will agree that Asus RMA is in fact not as good as Apple's. But I haven't had any real issues with Asus when I dropped my Prime and they repaired for free.

Why are you so much against the Android OS? For the everyday use, ICS/Jelly Bean has ironed out the majority of issues that Honeycomb had with sluggish handling and response time. The application store really isn't too different unless you're looking for a very specific App that most everyday users won't touch.

Here's the very basic run down of technical features at each price range

$500
New iPad - Best screen on the market, only 16 GB for base model. No MicroSD for expansion. 2048x1536 resolution
Infinity - Second best screen, 32GB Base model. Flash for the camera. MicroSD for more storage. 1920 x 1200 resolution

$379-400
iPad 2 - Basically a New iPad without the excellent screen and only 512MB RAM. God awful camera compared to any of the other 3 tablets listed here. 16GB base model. Can be found for $350 when on sale. 1024×768 resolution
T300 - Basically a gimped Infinity with an inferior display. 512MB More RAM than iPad 2. MicroSD 1280x800 resolution

You'll likely notice that the Android offerings have more features than the iPad, but that's more or less needed to draw customers away from Apple's tight foothold on the high end tablet market.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2012-08-10 at 06:22.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote