Thread: Hyouka - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 06:16   Link #3
traittrait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Since this is not a light novel where you can pretty much assume every girl is cute, I would like to know how the author descript the four main characters? To be more specific, does Mayaka described as cute or pretty? That would be relevant to the current "Satoshi may swing the other way" theory.
From translated vol.1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novel vol.1
Ibara and I go back a long way, as we've been in the same class for nine years since primary school. Her baby-face features have been in place since childhood, and have only grown-up a bit after becoming a high-school student. You may find her child-like features and short stature cute, but do not be fooled by her appearance, for she carries a hidden weapon with her at all times. If you let your guard down, you would be greeted by her colourful blend of sarcastic wit. I was even told to stay away from her based on stories of guys who were fooled by her pretty looks, only to be sunk instantly. Not to mention as a result of her never admitting her mistakes, most people would mistake her for being a callous person.
And from vol.2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novel vol.2
Ibara Mayaka. While we were not exactly intimate with each other, for some reason we just couldn't avoid seeing each other all the time. While she had grown since primary school, she still had a childish-looking face despite being a high school student. Despite her appearance, she was actually quite strict. Besides being unforgiving to mistakes made by others, she was even more demanding towards herself. The reason for her wrath was simple, as it was agreed that we were supposed to meet up here at ten in the morning.