Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 11:53   Link #183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
100% agree Solace I also found it incredibly underwhelming, there just wasn't enough there to build any real excitement for me at least.

KZ4 is just another example of the brute force graphics > gameplay mentality and once the initial awe of its looks wore off the gameplay itself looked no different to anything else out right now..

Half the point of a console unveiling is to well unveil the actual console and they didn't even do that which is frankly a little worrying.

Also they briefly touched on that you can play last gen games by streaming them but tiptoed past weather you'd actually have to re-buy them again....
I can't see how not showing off the box is worrying. In the end who cares what it looks like? I don't sit watching my PS2 or PS3 thinking "wow very pretty box." Long as when you power the thing up the games play that's all that really matters. They revealed what actually is important (aside from price which would have been nice). What is under the hood and what is this thing going to be able to do.

Considering the whole previous gen games on the PSN, I'd expect re-buying games would be the pattern again. Though would be nice if they found a way to recognize the old games and then stream them without buying them again.

Frankly I think they accomplished more than what I was hoping for. Revealed some games, confirmed things on the hardware, controller, and networking. A positive especially being that this will be easier for developers to get into and thus get the PS4 more games in the long haul.

All this sets them up perfectly for future events like E3. Where they can go ahead and show the box, reveal the price, release date, and more games.