View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 16:21   Link #204
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Regarding the 5th Annual Seiyuu Awards (a tradition that is beyond laughable at this point) I would just like to mention that I totally called it when I said anime was desperately in need of more male roles and that creators are completely over focusing on female characters. I legitimately feel sorry for all the talented male voice actors in Japan who are probably struggling to find work in this current environment let alone even one of them actually getting nominated for an award and some recognition/credit.

This just sends a further message and impression that I take to mean that the industry just does not give two shits about the male talent it could be making use of in the mad dash to create more throwaway female character roles for characters that will transition into figurines and thus be forgotten about before long.

Oh well at least Kouki Uchiyama and some of the older talent got some token awards, but still to just not be able to give out one of the major awards says a ton about the desperate times the industry is in right now when it comes to the concerns of male vocal talent.

My favourite seiyuu is still Nobuyuki Hiyama. Thank you.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote