View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 06:05   Link #315
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Tigre is a capable tactician. His skill with bow is superb but it seems like he can be even better.

In Mahabharata (the world's longest epic from Hindu myth), the legendary archers like Ajuna and Karna can decapitate their enemy's head with their bow skill, which make me wonder what kind of arrow they use. I found it impossible to do such a feat...

Also, I wonder when did Tigre visit the temple that worship Tir-Na-Fa and made the bow his...
Volume 3, after their first encounter and retreat against Roland's Navarle Knights. While Elen took the troops to march against Roland's, Tigre awakes and is guided by the bow towards her shrine, assisted by Tita (as Tigre is still recovering from the gruesome wound Roland inflicted on him) and spurred on by his desire to lend aid to Elen.

Tigre has yet to make the bow his. For starters, he has no idea how much life force it drains out of him with every shot he makes, or to what extent he can use the bow's powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Perhaps, say, he doesn't need to use his strategy too much and making use of his mastery in archery to simply taking down the commander of enemies from afar. After all, troops without commander can be defeated more easily
It's a logical conclusion, yes, but not when your troops are disciplined enough to the point that new soldiers will replace the one who has been taken out and assume proper command (Volume 2, Lyudmila's Ormutz troops) or when the enemy takes precautions against such a skilled archer by putting a wide distance beyond what the skilled archer can shoot with (Volume 4, Barbarossa's troops).

Nothing is completely fool-proof or invincible, and that's another one of the plus points of this series.