View Single Post
Old 2006-11-22, 18:06   Link #66
katsumi
ghostly member

It was a solid episode, although the cat chase initially made me go like , but somehow it got funny. To have some comedic elements to enlighten the serious mood of the overall story was nice.

The sequences, where the Empereror says, he has just talked to Clovis was intriguing. It makes me wonder if Clovis is really dead (or has kind of gone into another state of being). Ah, well, I guess I'm just being paranoid about supposedly dead characters coming back miracously in anime
As a side note: That "All hail Britannia" plus the view over the anonymous crowd at the end of the empereror's speech gave me the creeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38 View Post
Interesting. Though I can't exactly find myself hating the Emperor. Especially when what he did say in a sense is actually true. The part about birth and other facts that do differ from person to person. Where not everyone is born healthy, nor into a good environment, etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say that equality is evil but it's definently another thing when it comes to trying to reach its absolute, in terms of how it effects competition and life purpose. The world wouldn't be much in the form of "active" if everyone was strictly peaceful within a truly equal world.
The Empereror's speech migth be true in parts regarding differences in people (like appearances, height, origin, etc...), but for me it felt like he was implying that no effort whatsoever should be made concerning equal rights or even changing one's circumstances. And that's a huge difference. People vary from each other in looks, abilities etc, but even so they all should be treated equal IMHO. It was like he was saying "You are poor/stupid/ insert random trait or difference, so you don't deserve better" or the like.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote