View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 01:00   Link #52
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Oh come on, Lelouch isn't just using the Order, it was all a crock of lies.

to take one example of Lelouch doing the exact same thing multiple times in the first season, lets look at episode 8:
Euphie: Is that why you killed Clovis?
Lelouch: No, it was because he was a child of the Emperor...come to think of it, you are too. *points a gun at her*

Now is Lelouch killing people simply because they're offspring of Charles? obviously not.

Exact same idea in 25. Is Lelouch "using" the Japanese anymore than they're "using" him? Is he putting them in danger while he leisurely sits safely at Ashford Academy? Did he leave the battle in 25 to escape danger? Well of course not. Ougi said it himself in 11, Lelouch can't see his own allies as mere chess pieces, he knows hate and so he also knows sorrow.

If this wasn't the case, Kallen wouldn't be there saving him in 26, and Lelouch wouldn't be giving Kallen his jacket in 27.
Hey, I'm not going quite that far.

I'm not implying that he's "using" the Order as he stated then and there, no...just that I'm not sure at least part of him didn't temporarily go into "and so what if I am?"-mode, not necessarily out of friendship and sacrifice but out of pride or even hubris. He's in a tough spot and didn't want to spend any time to explain himself. Even if just momentarily. Again, I'm waiting on more R2 info, if applicable.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote