View Single Post
Old 2014-10-18, 00:05   Link #23
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The main difference I see between Kamui and Makishima so far is that Kamui seems to genuinely care about those he gets to work for him while Makishima tended to just use and abuse people (with maybe an exception or two, most notably the Korean hacker who's name escapes me now). Kamui certainly seems less willing/eager to kill people than Makishima was.

That makes Kamui seem a bit more sympathetic to me than Makishima did.

Aside from that, though, I don't see a huge difference - Their end goals may well be identical. Although Kamui might have a goal of demonstrating that Sibyl, as is, doesn't do enough to rehabilitate people. I don't know how authentic these hue/CC improvements were, but if whatever brought them about is sustainable, then that would make Sibyl look extremely negligent in trying to rehabilitate people.

All in all, a very good 2nd episode.
Well, one big difference is that Kamui still seems to have empathy where as Makishima did not. Makishima was a psychopath and never cared or even had the ability to empathize with others. Killing or death for him was no different that reading or picking up a newspaper. Kamui actually feels something at a person's death and he feels sorry for them and that it was a waste. He wants Akane to understand him, to sympathize with him and cries because she does not. Makishima could have cared less if other understood or cared about what he did. He did what he wanted to do because it was his desire, he really had no sort of altruistic desire.Kamui sincerely seems to want to help people in his twisted way. Makishima wanted to shake up society because he was basically bored.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu