View Single Post
Old 2010-05-27, 19:16   Link #35
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Elfen Lied was quite violent, but since the intention of the manga-ka was to 'question and discuss values relating to the way in which humans divide each other by difference, as well as the belief that atrocities such as those committed by Lucy in the series are strongly influenced by the way in which people are treated by their fellow beings'. I believe it achieved that and did it well, so I found Elfen Lied very watchable.

Gantz had novelty for a while but I grew weary of it. I know that amongst adults it's liked to a notable extent. Also noticed young adult females in Australia seem to like it. Manga outlets say it's one of their highest selling titles.

For me, the two series that felt the most violent and chilling for me were Baccano and Durarara. Graphic violence is one thing, but when it's made out to be cool or funny, then it really causes me to have an adverse reaction. I tried to persist with these series, but they eventually became toxic for me and I couldn't handle it anymore.