View Single Post
Old 2011-05-14, 14:57   Link #217
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not saying they can't get any kind of work but the amount work the older/experience seiyuu receive are much less then what they used to have in their heyday.
Thing is though, is that purely the fault of the industry? Maybe the seiyuus themselves want some time off, maybe others want to focus ore on singing (if they have a singing career). Maybe it's only a few that get the short end of the stick. It's not like they don't have competition and that roles are theirs for the picking, I would imagine that they would still need to do auditions from time to time, especially if they've been away for a while. Remember, no matter how good you are, there's always someone better. And in a time where less anime is made than before, that counts double.

As for the low pay, I don't really see how starting seiyuus have reasons to complain. If they're good, they'll get hired more and that money accumulates over time (assuming they can save what they don't need to spend). And if they really can't make ends meet, they'll usually pick up singing or do some other job. I never really saw voice acting as a high-paying job, not even in Japan, so those who can live from that money have my utmost respect.