View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 11:40   Link #28
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
386? Aren't there like 150 with every new game? I definitely think that anyone that can remember so many different pokemon names needs to actually put that memorization skill to far better use in computer science. Believe me, if my memory was that good, I'd be a lot happier in my programming courses.
Not really. I think Gold and Silver only added like 100 new Pokémon to the 150 (well, 151) that existed in Red/Blue/Yellow. Since then I kinda fell out from the Pokémon games, so I don't know how they've been adding new monsters in.

And with that being said, memorization depends on what you're interested in...well, to me anyways. Normally, my memory sucks crap...a sieve is how I describe it. And yet, I can remember tons of quotes from shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. Based solely on that, would that mean I can put that towards programming and retain the same amount of information? Not necessarily.

So whatever...if you don't like Pokémon, fine, that's your prerogative. But let the people who do enjoy it....well, enjoy it. Not like that'll hurt you in any way.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote