View Single Post
Old 2003-11-26, 21:12   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I've not heard anything OFFICIAL about it only being 13 episodes - 26 is probably going to be able to actually incorporate most of the manga. The series is a pretty decent length for a single season show.
The only place I see 13 episodes is at Anime-Daisuki (the new one)... But I have doubts about that too, since they added so much new stuff to the first episode.

It might be possible that they're doing two seasons though, since the manga's not over yet, Gonzo's been doing a lot of projects lately, FujiTV is producing this anime (and they like releasing things in an unorthodox way...), and many of the staff are from Vandread, and they might like how they did that one. So in that case it might actually be 13 episodes after all (for now).

Anyway, I liked that scene in the manga when Chrno threatens the demon, that was pretty funny, a shame they took it out. I also didn't like how Chrno throw that bullet at Rosette, it looked a bit weird...

Those quips aside, the rest of the episode is pretty good. Some extra development, extra foreshadowing (including the mention of Joshua), etc. And of course, the excellent animation (and like so many said before, the OP and ED sequences themselves, along with the music, look pretty cool with the old movie effect and the water dripping... This "coolness" is lost a bit in the subs with all those text in there though)

Anyway, hopefully Gonzo won't mess up the story like they did with Hellsing.