View Single Post
Old 2004-05-24, 23:25   Link #170
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyro
-If you look at some of the replies it looks like people are aruging it is not a genjutsu, that's why I said some of those things.
Ah...they are foolish, then.

Quote:
-I'm not sure why you think Tayuya's genjutsu was not at least somewhat controlled by her will. I believe she could've made a different world with the same effect had she chosen too, it is just an illusion after all.
No. That genjutsu specifically binds the target with those hanging strings and melts the target's flesh away. She specifically picked THAT one out of her tens of genjutsu because she thought it was most suitable for that "shithead" (because Shadow Copy binds the opponent, too, I guess). Each genjutsu does a specific task; high level genjutsu instills illusion into reality--Tayuya's genjutsu is no different to the Absolute Darkness, just that hers binds and tortures the victim.

Quote:
Your examples of other genjutsus make sense I forgot about a lot of those, it was just that Tayuya's genjutsu and Itachi's were just too similar, being that their specific goal was the same - mental trauma, confusion, immobilzation, etc., even though Itachi did have more control over it.
Sigh, I don't think you will sway from your own opinion. How about this: if Tayuya actually had control over it, she would've killed him straight-up in the genjutsu or at least torture him slowly to death--there would be NO NEED for her to get up and close to finish him off...she simply is not that good at close-combat.

Quote:
-I believe the mange sharingan/Tsukiyomi was just a very potent genjutsu that can be repelled given an equally potent defender, perhaps with will alone.
Perhaps; we have yet to see it happen, so not much we can say with certainty. I simply think Jiraiya is too experienced to stand around looking at Itachi seeing how he has been been in the village along side the Uchiha Clan for quite a while. Jiraiya is quite an expert using jutsus and has massive chakra to play, so I can envision his avoiding making eye-contact with Itachi completely.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote