View Single Post
Old 2004-06-26, 19:06   Link #5
Killerattacks

Im not really interested in this topic but I want to make some things clear:

Quote:
Hmm, europeans can buy any R1 anime without problems online. Apart from that most anime stores in europe allready import from the States.
But the point is: Most europeans have a DVD player with a european region code (2) and not with the american region code(1). Of course there are _some_ region free players but who would buy a second DVD player (and a good one costs $$$) only for anime if he already owns one...or two or three or whatever?

Quote:
In short any anime licensed in America can be bought here as well. I never had any problem at all getting my hands on a show i wanted, even shows only licensed in Australia are easy to get...
This point is wrong at least for where I live - germany. In Germany there is a law, that all the moviestuff you can buy has to be rated first by an official institution called "fsk" (believe me all movies/series here are fsk rated) to prevent childrens and teens watching stuff which could cause negative effects on them. To make a long story short, because of this imported stuff, which is of course not fsk rated, is illegal. And because of this some shops which sold imported animes were sued by a german company which licenses and sells anime (think of it like another ADV or mediablasters).

Quote:
Besides, who would you implement that server? Would you lock out all non-european IP's (I don't even know if that is possible) ?
That shouldnt be impossible. Like all IPs are assigned to their countrys. Just take for example azureus' country locator plugin which shows you from which countries the peers youre downloading from are.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote