View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 20:14   Link #176
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

My problem with the anime (haven't read the manga yet) is that I don't feel like they help people understand the emotions and different views. In the recent episodes, really the whole anime, I feel like they prioritize another peoples' suffering over another, therefore making what they stand for more right. Like Scar's view and Edward & Al's view, people would agree that Ed & Al were right in their view of things because their views and sufferings are prioritzed. Now I understand that they are the main characters and everything n the fact its a manga, so naturally its going to lean more towards the main character. But I feel like with a popular anime tha Fullmetal is, they help people understand the situation because it goes in real life. Instead of saying (directly or indirectly) these people suffering is greater than the other people. The reason why I say this is because in the 2 or 3 episodes we saw the slaughter of Scar's people then we see the murder of Winry's parents. Now we have people sympathizing with Winry more so than Scar, therefore making Ed & Al's view more "righteous" instead of understanding the cycle of war and peace/hatred and love/chaos and order.

Maybe I'm just going deeper than necessary but I felt like pointing it out. Aside from that its a good anime (obviously because I watch it lol), nice creativity and etc. But its just that one thing that kinda bothers me.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote