View Single Post
Old 2012-08-10, 12:45   Link #267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
True the way people normally jizz over anything Kyoani would seem to prove that statement as not true seeing as how I'm not seeing anything of the sort here, but it does actually pique ones interest.
Surely you aren't claiming that people reacted like that when Munto, K-on and Nichijou were announced, are you?
Quote:
I so wanna say it looks like typical Kyoani (lots of wild takes, characters looking like they're being loud and probably telling bad jokes that aren't actually funny, exageratted movements everywhere),
...so you can predict how jokes will turn out when... we don't hear any of them? That's like expecting every series to work manzai style like Nichijou because of speedlines and whatnot.
Quote:
but the fact that there seems to be some sort of actual combat and edgier subplots going on and the fact that Kyoani might be making an anime where something actually appears to be at stake again other than whether a cute girl will have enough time to finish her cake before class has at least given me the inkling to check out the first episode.
There won't be actual combat. Read again the title and the premise: it is basically a rendition of these kids imagination running extra wild. The likes of real teenagers acting like wannabe badass sword wielder etc.