View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 05:33   Link #57
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
You see, when i first watching anime more than 10 years ago, i generally tend to underestimate and put aside "Slice of Life" genre. My main reason is "Nothing happens". Yes, in Slice of Life genre you won't find epic fight between superpowered characters, legendary magical powers with ability to smashing entire universe, or giant mecha with high-tech armaments which would put entire U.S. Millitary Forces into a shame.

Heck, at that time i keep thinking "What's the point of watching a show if nothing happens?". If i want to understand what "slice of life" means then i would just go about my everyday life. Until recently, however, i began to feel charmed by a strange yet unique anime named "Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai" which basically a product of "slice of life" and unconsciously became so addicted with it that i couldn't wait for the next episode to air.

That said, i was wondering, What's so interesting about "Slice of Life" genre?
Dude, your statement sounds kinda offensive here, but meh......For me, what's interesting about Slice of Life is the characters. While another genre (action/fantasy/supernatural) generally won't mind weak characters if the plot is strong enough, slice of life genre definitely doesn't have that kind of feature. Most characters in slice of life show tend to have unique personalities that you won't find in any other genres.

Yes, the main strength/appeal of slice of life genre is none other than its characters, and that's why i love slice of life genre very much.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote