Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 03:06   Link #264
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I just can't seem to care about modern armor the way I do about the classic armor. They just doesn't impress me, and I think it's because the human element has been largely reduced thanks to electronics. I'm the same way with airplanes.
Well, the "romantic" appeal of WW2 hardware is that they're such crude and relatively simple machines that relies alot on the human element while still having the basic elements that make modern war machines what they are today. No wonder WW2-era machines are still quite popular and well-loved to this day.

Fire-control computers and auto-stabilized guns? GPS and airconditioning? None of that in the old days whippersnapper, just sweat, blood and guts

That aside, episode 2 (thankfully a certain sub group offered a non-german track for their second release) deviates a bit from the manga in the details (they seem to pick up Mako mid-battle for instance instead of being part of Team A from the start), but the basic gist of the mock battle is still there. And Yukari isn't just a tanksexual it seems: she's a full-blown miltaku. Wearing a military rucksack packed with metal eating utensils and canteens isn't something you see in anime often

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote