View Single Post
Old 2011-02-28, 23:53   Link #22089
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wow... that's great... you just insulted the whole justice system.
While I wouldn't side with Mirrored on the whole scale, he has a point.
In the end our so called justice systems in the world are nothing more than organized revenge and retribution justified by a self-constructed moral.
Somebody has been wronged so the culprit must be wronged in return to make it right again. In the end locking somebody up or sentencing him to death is not about any kind of natural justice, it is about revenge and is done for those who feel wronged. I myself would want the murderer of my relatives to be punished, as long as it is somebody I don't have a probably even stronger relation to.
If your father murdered your mother, would you want your father to be punished?
Maybe, but what if your mother was a terrible woman who threatened to kill you but you cannot prove it? Your father would have done something good, but he would have to be punished because of what...justice?!
Of course we need that justice or else we wouldn't be able to uphold states and nations, not even families. But that does not mean we shouldn't question them from time to time and accept their flaws in individual places.

Some people here also talk about the innocent victims of Rokkenjima. But I am let asking myself who was really innocent in the end?
Dr Nanjo? The one who probably delivered the baby and knew all about the girl kept prisoner on the island?
Genji? Who was basically Kinzô's right hand and had the heir of Kinzô and Beatrice Castiglioni be put into the house as a servant to reinact his masters delusions?
Kumasawa? Who idly stood by while one girl was kept prisoner on the island and another was unhappy her whole life?
Or Gohda? A pathetic coward who wouldn't even start to question the obvious problems at the house in favour of money and fame?

There were no innocent people on Rokkenjima, probably, in a judicial sense there were only guilty people on Rokkenjima...but does that mean there were no good people on Rokkenjima?!
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote