View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 00:38   Link #22093
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It's given more than one meaning. You're just ignoring that.
I'm not ignoring it, it's simply not true. This just your personal interpretation: since it's supernatural it's magic, that might work in a general context but not in Umineko.

Anyway this has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about: the choice between "magic" and "trick". That "magic" has absolutely nothing to do with red truths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'll agree with you here; though in fairness any claims that Erika has no intentions but to find out the truth is bullshit. She's demonstrated that she doesn't want THE truth, she wants A truth that can satisfy her question, and will then proceed to use it to humiliate and hurt innocent people.

While condemning all of the truth seekers is wrong, Erika herself sort of deserves it.
Of course I'm the first to say that Erika is a negative characters. My problem is that she was strongly associated with the search for the truth, which gives the wrong idea that "who searches the truth = Erika", idea that is being reinforced by the fact that the Ange that chooses the truth in the end becomes Erika.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote