View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 18:23   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Zero no Tsukaima F - Last Thoughts

Ok. Here we are!

At the end of an era that I started almost six years ago.

Back then I knew nothing about Zero no Tsukaima whether the novels or any other media, and I do remember back on those days that Omniscient had free time to blog dubbing this series as Shakugan no Louise due that the protagonic voice cast shared the same seiyuu as they did for Shakugan no Shana; Rie Kugimiya for Louise, Satoshi Hino for Saito, Ayako Kawasumi for Queen Henrietta, and lately until season three, Noto Mamiko for Tiffania Westwood.

With this franchise and the Shakugan no Shana franchise done the same day to me it's indeed the end of the Rie Kugimiya X Satoshi Hino era, and I'm going to miss both universes but life continues on.

I feel happy that in case for Louise and Saito they openly displayed their feelings towards each other as they grew up during the course of the four seasons, though I disliked how the writers put up with original material amongst a few of the seasons mainly the second one and this one that has already ended.

I would have hoped a dramatic and epic battle for the climax to this season like the one against the Reconquista from towards the end of the first one; the writers shouldn't have disposed of Josef early in this season and saved him for a last stand towards the end.

Anyways, I liked this series mostly for Louise's tsundereness, Tiffania's Melon-chan , Tabitha's shyness and dramatic backstory, Derflinger whom added an exquisite touch of serious humor but also a mentor role to Saito, and Saito's overly youth tendencies for pretty girls and his Gandalfr powers.

The second detail of interest to note for me was the soundtrack with each season having its own signature score melodies, and season four delivered to me many of the most dramatic pieces of music found again in the whole franchise.

It's hard for me to say goodbye to this universe, as it became a little bit frustrating that I have to wait about three and a quarter years for this season to come. I mean back when season three was announced to be aired in the summer I was expecting season four to come the summer after the one when season three aired given the background history:
Season one - Summer 2006
Season two - Summer 2007
Season three - Summer 2008

But the fourth season didn't come the next summer, until three years and a quarter later, airing on winter; I guess given the dreaded nature of the number '4' and how Japanese are overly superstitious about that number, they didn't want the fourth season to air on the fourth year on a row and in summer like the previous ones did.

That or it was just due to the lack of available material in the novels to have properly made a story for the fourth season back then.

If you ask me, my favorite females were and still are: Tabitha (Charlotte), Tiffa, and Louise for their attributes as characters that I already mentioned before.

Well, it was a long journey spanning almost six years, and while many of the seasons were not handled by the writers the way they should have appeased for most of us, the fans, I still love both the conclusion and epilogue to the fourth season with ....
Spoiler:

I hope that this won't be the end End, and that there will be a future OVA either to show us about Louise and Saito living together in their household but adding all the slapstick humor and misadventures we got ourselves treated during the lighthearted moments of each of the seasons.

Farewell, Louise Francois du Blanc de la Valliere!
Farewell, Saito Hiraaga!
Farewell, Derflinger!
Farewell, both the headmaster, the teachers, and all of the students of Tristain Magical Academy!
Farewell, to the people of Halkeginia!

You brighten my days, and au revoir!

P.S. Second show I concluded for the winter 2012 anime season.

Last P.S. Thanks to the Mod at charge for listening my request.