View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 06:13   Link #19183
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
The cause of Hinamizawa's destruction was covered up, not the destruction itself. And the various deaths prior to 1983 probably weren't covered up anymore then the already hadbeen. As for the supernatural timey wimey ball, I'll admit that the events of Matsuribayashi-hen can not take place in the same world as Umineko. However, one of the other arcs could have.
...so, again, in what way is Higurashi a noteworthy event if it was just covered up? Some people died of a plague, and someone writes a novel about time travel and magic and gods and stuff?

Quote:
I don't pretend to understand Ryukishi07's motives. But, if the in-universe Higurashi is like ours then Battler's failure to notice that Bern strongly resembles a fictional character is rather odd, as is the presence of Okonogi.
It's the Meta-World for a reason. Battler doesn't have to behave reasonably or logically, only in the way that the writer needs him to act. Alternatively, he does notice, since vague allusions are made, but there are way bigger issues on his plate.

As for Okonogi, Battler never met him, did he?

Quote:
She thought it would be a good name for a mystery novel, and it would also serve as a hint that it wasn't a completely true story.

Just to be clear, by "events of Higurashi" I mean the events of one arc of Higurashi, not every arc or some hypothetical Hinamizawa-prime.

I'll add another possibility.

4) The events of Higurashi happened in the Umineko universe. Furthermore, the Higurashi Battler read was identical to what we read (except it was a standard novel rather then a series of visual novels). The author was a witch who was able to find out about events that happened in other universes using her witch magic.
Obviously none of those are acceptable.

How about the simplest answer that Occam's Razor leads us to? Higurashi was a different (set of) kakera, represented as a fiction novel Battler has access to.