View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 14:07   Link #316
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I think it's fair to assume that after a character has used a fair number of large chakra-draining techniques, then they're starting to run low (unless you're Madara and you can do whatever you want because you're the big bad). But if there is literally no way of gauging or having a good estimate of the capabilities of the characters then it's just bad storytelling.
Is not bad storytelling, We do know the capacities of most of the character, however we don’t know the limitations on how much they can do inside thier capacities, for example, Shika cant summon gamabunta, but we don't know How many Shadow binding jutsu Shika can do in a day. they will get limitations on what they can do over a course of a fight, but at the end no matter how litle stamina they have left, they will always put one last attack to finish it off.

The reason is simple from a entertainment point of view, the author will not end a fight were the one that looses the fight is because he doesn’t have more chakra to fight, it has never happened in the Manga, and it would be a lackluster if that happens.

Don’t get me wrong, for me Kishi writing is not good compared to other mangas i have read, but in my opinion, how Kishi handles a magical energy he invented is not a reason why he isn’t as good.