Thread: Why Manga?
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-09, 07:03   Link #31
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracleman
I love manga... and I also love American comic books. But hearing someone bash American comics as a whole would elicit the SAME response from me as a knock on all manga as a whole i.e. if I can keep ignorance from breeding more ignorance, I will.
Thx for the explanation Miracle-san.... I did check on Sandman, but sorry to say I don't seem to find it amusing at all. Everybody has there taste in things, so if you like them, hey that's cool with me. But you can't deny the fact that American comics 'overall' just suck big time dude. They have built that reputation for quite sometime now. Especially when compared with Japanese comics (manga). The art work is definately not in the Japanese's caliber, the story, plot and everything else just don't fit in. I'm not dissing them here, coz I understand it perfectly well. Over here at my place, we get the same old crap as well. Domestic comics just don't make it up here. We got some domestic comics which actually made it to the big screen (movie, locally), but over all you guy's over in the US should be glad that at least your comics (marvel especially) are known outside of your country; that's something to be proud about. So who gives a damn about the dissing huh? Besides, it's not like we get to hear people going around dissing Japanese manga's everyday. So you can keep ignorance breeding on more ignorance if you want, but the facts is all in front of them, that's that.