View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 00:14   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In fact authors when asked to get involved in anime are happy with anime being released to begin with and very rarely criticize anything that is done to the anime, unless they are really self-centered which happens rarely in Japanese culture. Meaning that the authors input is usually really small, because they are simply content with it being done rather than it being done well. Because no matter how crappy it is it can serve at least as an advertising of his/her own novels (even negative advertising is still advertising).

But of course company advertise as if the authors production is very strong and notable to give the anime a more credibility (hey author worked with it, you cant complain now!) while in reality it often turns out that their real role was far much smaller than advertised. And in ZnT case given the authors condition throughout the last year where he could barely sit down to work on his main focus (LN), such scenario seems to be very, very likely.

Thats why it annoys me when some fools start pointing - hey the author is making it. You really need to separate advertising and the actual process, particularly in this case when everything is pointing to authors only very minimal involvement with it all (due to health issues).
But your argument basically comes down to "it's all marketing, there's no way he's actually doing the work, the production committee is just lying, and you're fools if you believe otherwise". Okay, but do you have any evidence to back up your claims? We do know the author has had health issues, but we do not know what impact this had on the work he did for the anime other than his name still being in the credits, unlike all the previous seasons. Your guess about the level of involvement is as good as anyone else's. If you have actual evidence about the author's work and role and not just conjecture and speculation, that would be most welcome. Without any evidence (other than "take my word for it"), I don't think it's appropriate for you to call anyone "fools". You've often taken this sort of arrogant attitude on these forums, and it's not helpful or productive.