View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 03:07   Link #98
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
What is so compelling about Naruto's homo-erotic obsession with Sasuke? What was so compelling about Team Gai fighting clones of themselves? What is so compelling about Sai? What was so compelling about the anticlimactic death of Orochimaru? What was so compelling about Kishi's hastily thrown together, last mintue final duel between Guy and Kisame? What was so compelling about Sakura underhandedly knocking out Lee and Kiba? What in god's green earth was so compelling about Sasuke vs. Itachi? What is so compelling about armadillo penis?
Naruto's obsession with Sasuke isn't new, it's part I old. Team Gai fighting clones of themselves wasn't covered, but their first fight against Kisame was pretty good and we got to see some gates being opened.
Sai doesn't have anything compelling, he was meant to be emotionless, a victim of 'root'. I liked Kishi's introduction of Danzou and I liked the concept of Shadow Operations taking place behind the Hokage's back. Namely, I liked the underhanded politics that Sai was a member of.
The anticlimactic death of Orochimaru? That's debatable. I liked the symbolism there. Itachi wanted to get rid of Orochimaru and he used the sword of Totsuka.
Quote:
The Totsuka Sword is the sword used by the god Susanoo to slay the eight-headed and eight-tailed snake, Yamata no Orochi, just like it was used by Itachi's Susanoo to defeat Orochimaru's Eight Branches Technique (八岐の術, Yamata no Jutsu).
I liked the dynamism of Gai vs Kisame. The flying across the island, summoning his turtle just as a jumping platform. Their ridiculously large jutsu was only topped by the very underhanded trick Kisame resorted to: Classic ninja traps.
Sakura knocking out Lee and Kiba to me was also incredibly dumb and it wasn't something I liked. It seemed completely in character, however. Especially after the guilt trip she got from Sai/Shikamaru.
Sasuke vs Itachi, for a lack of a better word, was freaking awesome. I don't get how it can even feature in your argument. We got a buttload of plot exposition, jutsus, trumpcards, traps and tactics. The forehead poke was the defining moment of the fight. As much as I don't care for Sasuke, the fight was one of the most plot-rich moments of part II.

Quote:
Surely you people can't be blind to the fact that he's completely ignored the Konoha rookies? (and no, giving them occasional screentime for some meaningless purpose does not mean he gives a flying fudge about them).
Whether or not he's ignored them (And he didn't give any of them any meaningful development except for Hinata/Shikamaru.) doesn't mean he won't. That's like not believing in change. Kishi changed from part I to part II, what's to say he won't go back to catering for his fanbase? I'm not expecting part I development, part II has clearly changed focus, but to say that they won't get any screentime/development at all, to me that's just too much of a stretch.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote