View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 23:04   Link #99
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

As an anime-only viewer, I thought it was another great episode. Even if I was a manga reader, I always try to let an anime adaption stand on its own. Frankly, I find it insulting over the last 20 some episodes how often people would whine ostensibly on 'behalf' of us poor anime-only viewers because we 'obviously' wouldn't understand what's going on, as a deflection for whatever hair-brained insinuated fault a person personally had with the show. I can't speak for all anime-only viewers, but I really don't need you manga-readers to be my knight-in-shining armor. You don't like the way the anime did something? Fine, but don't drag us anime-only-viewers into your issues. I've yet to see a single one of these so-called offenses to us anime-only viewers actually matter, as an anime-only viewer. Whew. Did I say anime-only viewer enough times?

Anyways, that's all I'll say on that subject. On to the matter at hand.

That look of pure anguish on Saber's face was so golden. It's actually hilarious how Gilgamesh-inadvertently-is the rational one among the heroes, with his attitude towards the grail. To think, after all that, Saber is going to spend another 24+ anime episodes unable to grasp the fundamental truths/lessons learned throughout this series, is so very sad, as well as being borderline hilarious. I tip my hat to you Urobuchi. Most people don't have the balls to outshine, while criticizing, the original author's work. I know you've been the perfect model of modesty and deference in interviews regarding the 'great' Nasu, but that just makes this series all the more delightful.

Anyways, all these posts make it sound like that was the end or something. I mean, we're still counting down right?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote