View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 12:02   Link #508
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I actually liked their relationship in the Manga the best. It felt like it developed at a good, normal pace while the Anime, it felt too forced.
Yeah....I like how she starting falling for him in the manga BEFORE she knew his identity. You didn't get that so much in the manga.

Quote:
It may have seemed extreme when Usagi killed herself in the present with the sword, but I can easily imagine some couples going through that kind of grief when they loose a loved one (or they think they loose a loved one).
*nod*
Most people see this as weak but the person normally just isn't in their right mind during the first stage of grief...which could lead to extreme reactions like that.
It also seems that with elderly couples, if one dies, the other soon follows. They just sort of.......give up.

In the manga Usagi's case: If you recall correctly SHE had to kill HIM with the sword because Beryl turned him evil. So Usagi couldn't live with that. Which is a little different than "I must die because he died and my life is meaningless." It's more of "I just murdered the person I love and now I can't stand the thought of living on, knowing that."